Effective Date: 06/12/20
1.1 This website is operated and owned by Zippo Manufacturing Company (referred to as “We”). We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal data when you use this website from outside of the US.
2. Collecting your personal data
2.1 You can access our website home page and browse the website without disclosing personal data.
2.2 We collect, store, use and otherwise process the following kinds of personal data:
- information that you provide when completing the “General Inquiries” online form (including your name and email address and your inquiry; optionally, your postal address and phone number) — mandatory information in the form is marked with a *; other information is voluntary;
- if you choose not to use the “General Inquiries” online form, information contained in any other communications that you choose to send to us (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communications);
- personal data in connection with the handling of your inquiry, including our reaction and response to you.
2.3 Before you disclose to us the personal data of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure, the processing and transfer of that personal data in accordance with the terms of this policy.
3. Processing your personal data
3.1 Personal data submitted to us through the “General Inquiries” online form or by another means of communication will be processed to handle your inquiry, such as requests and complaints made by you about or relating to our website, services or products, including subsequent communication with you in response to your inquiry.
4. Disclosing your personal data
4.1 We may also disclose your personal data to any of our employees, officers, agents, providers, suppliers or subcontractors who will process your personal data on our behalf and for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.2 We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries and affiliates) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.3 We may disclose your personal data:
to our professional advisors and insurers in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk), and also to tribunals and courts, law enforcement authorities and other parties to the proceedings and their professional advisors in connection with any ongoing or prospective administrative or legal proceedings;
to these third parties and others the extent that we are required to do so by law or by a court ruling or order;
to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
5. Internationally transferring your personal data with your consent
5.1 Personal data submitted through the “General Inquiries” online form will be sent to or accessed from the US and other third countries, which may not provide the same level of protection of your personal data as your country.
5.2 As explained in the “General Inquiries” online form, by clicking the “Submit” button you give consent to your personal data being transferred to such third countries for the purposes set out in this policy. You can withdraw your consent with effect for the future at any time.
If you do not want to give consent, you should not use the online General Inquiries form. Please note that in order to handle your query, we likely still need to process and potentially disclose certain of your personal data, even if you send your query by mail or otherwise.
6. Changes to our data processing practices and amendments to this policy
6.1 If we change our data processing practices in any significant way, we will inform you, for example, by updating this policy by publishing a new version on our website.
6.2 You should check this page regularly for changes to this policy.
7. Your data protection rights
7.1 You may contact us to exercise the following rights:
- to access your personal data;
- request that we rectify, delete or block your personal data;
- to object to the processing of your personal data based on compelling legitimate grounds; or
- to withdraw your consent; or
- any other rights provided for under the relevant data protection law.
For all inquiries concerning your privacy and Personal Data, please submit a request at this link: GDPR Request. We will verify the EU resident’s identity before complying with any such request. We will require you to provide certain information about you and/or your account with us and you will have to declare that are who you claim to be.
8. Third party websites
8.1 Our website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
8.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties that apply to those third party websites.
9. Contact details
Zippo Manufacturing Company,
33 Barbour Street, Bradford,
For a list of our worldwide subsidiaries, see here.
Our EU subsidiary:
Zippo UK Lt.
Barley Mow Centre,
10 Barley Mow Passage,
London, W4 4PH