Are you looking for a high profile career with the advantages of a small town living?
Come work for one of the most recognizable brands in the world; enjoy the benefits of short lines, zero traffic, and incredible local culture. Nestled in the heart of the Allegheny Mountains, Zippo Manufacturing Company is a family owned company with a BIG attitude!
Zippo markets in more than 160 countries and is one of the most recognized brands in the world. Based in Bradford, Pennsylvania, Zippo has produced more than 600 million windproof lighters, each backed by an unparalleled lifetime guarantee.
Zippo’s diverse product line includes lighter accessories; butane candle lighters; fragrance, eyewear, and lifestyle accessories; and a robust line of heat and flame products for outdoor enthusiasts.
Zippo celebrated its 85th anniversary in 2017. If you are interested in a career opportunity with this growing global company, contact us at email@example.com
Are you interested in starting an amazing career?
If you are interested in any of the below positions, please submit letter of application, resume, and salary requirements to:
Zippo Manufacturing Company
Associate Vice President, Human Resources
33 Barbour Street
Bradford, PA 16701
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
View additional opportunities within Zippo's family of companies.
SOCIAL & INFLUENCER STRATEGIST
Zippo Manufacturing Company is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, majority remote, and salaried opportunity as a Social & Influencer Strategist.
The Social & Influencer Strategist will be responsible for developing, managing, and supporting social media marketing and influencer initiatives via social influencer management and monitoring, inducing influencer campaign development, process, and logistics management (contracts, signatures, FTC/business rules applications, guidelines enforcement), reporting, analysis, relationship building, and program development. Also responsible for approving influencer content, evaluating influencer campaigns, and cataloging the campaigns for future use along with community management, audience nurturing, trends identification, and social listening for the Company’s social media program to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts, and enhance sales.
What you’ll do:
- Create campaigns around a unique vision, drafting campaign proposals, and aligning on the KPIs so that you can measure the campaign’s success
- Manage the end-to-end operations of a brand’s influencer marketing campaign
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager to develop / deploy influencer campaigns, supporting global earned media initiatives and campaign launches
- Build a team of influencer partners for the business, manage communications, and coordinate with the rest of the marketing team to get maximum impact for the influencer campaigns
- Develop and execute outreach processes to build influencer relationships for present and future collaborations and maintain communications with these influencers and other contacts and familiarize them with the Zippo brand opportunities as they arise
- Assist in negotiation of collaboration terms, including KPI’s, content, messaging, creative control, and asset ownership terms
- Provide guidance to influencers in their content creation and campaign activities, and keep campaigns moving forward
- Communicate key campaign learnings among internal stakeholders, including KPI’s and campaigns that helped achieve overall business goals
- Align with marketing, brand, agencies, and ecommerce teams so that the timing, theme, and deliverables from influencer campaigns support integrated channel, campaign, and business goals
- Must be up to date on the latest trends through market research and capitalize on the trends through content creation / influencer activation just as they are taking off
- Test new features of social media platforms and prove through past campaign performance if they should be applied to the program
- Monitor Zippo-related posts and commentary across corporate social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, TikTok and Reddit, in adherence with brand standards and guidelines
- Engage with existing social media audiences to foster community and promote customer satisfaction and retention; engage with new audiences to build brand awareness and relevancy
- Perform social listening to identify potential issues, trends, and opportunities related to the company
- Produce and distribute meaningful, actionable insights on key conversation topics, volume, and sentiment for management review
- Assist as necessary with content creation, copywriting, and publishing across social channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok and Reddit
- Collaborate with multiple departments to ensure all communication from social channels is accurate, up-to-date, and otherwise appropriate
- Evaluate ongoing evolution of all social media sites, emerging technology, and trends related to social media, providing recommendations to team and management as appropriate
- Conduct ad hoc analysis report of social channels in response to perceived product problems and safety concerns, crisis situations, intellectual property issues, and other trends impacting brand image and consumer opinions, while providing insight and recommendations on overall communications strategies to management
- Ensure all content released upholds the spirit and guidelines developed for social media conduct
- Monitor cultural local and world events to ensure planned and published content is appropriate
- Perform related duties or special assignments as directed
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications /Marketing /Public Relations/Journalism
- One- or two-years’ experience in relevant field
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- Experience with social media management platforms (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Falcon, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Creativity – artistic ability and imaginative and original thinking
- Excellent people skills, positive attitude, and a highly motivated nature
Zippo Manufacturing Company is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, salaried, majority-remote Product Manager employment opportunity-responsible for taking the vision, positioning, and portfolio strategies developed by Brand Managers and creating an Innovation plan to deliver on the objectives as well as improve existing products. The PM will report to the Director of Product Innovation (DPI) and under their direction will manage products from idea stage through development and initial production. Works closely with Engineering, Brand, Global Product Managers and Sales to ensure products deliver on specific needs. Manages product timelines, regulatory analysis, and compliance for all new products in both domestic and most foreign markets. Moves projects through the Zippo Stage Gage and ISO-9001 development processes. They will play a critical role in the diversification of Zippo product lines or brands, and will ensure product costs achieve objectives, timelines are adhered to, competitive analysis is robust, and cross functional teams are well managed.
Business Growth Planning & Analysis
- Work closely with DPI, PMs, brand managers, sales, engineering, operations, purchasing, legal, and creative internal departments, as well as outside agencies or suppliers to develop products and packaging that meet the brand’s objectives and standards.
- Work closely with DPI and brand managers to develop product pipeline based on consumer and market insights.
- Work closely with sales on opportunity projects, those involving special packs and merchandising devices to take advantage of short-term opportunities in specific accounts and channels.
- Work with outside agencies and internal departments to ensure products comply with all country-specific regulatory standards. Also works with marketing and engineering to ensure any product performance claims are validated.
- Develop and execute growth initiatives that deliver long-term objectives. Establish and track key metrics.
- Recommend fact-based go/no-go decisions to DPI.
- Evaluate competitive products and make recommendations related to Zippo’s current and new products.
- Support other product managers domestically and globally as needed.
- Participate in the annual catalog planning process for assigned product line(s).
- Be heavily data-focused and technology-driven to optimize product info in the Zippo product platform.
- Help build product platform boards, create automations and integrations, monitor dashboards, and overall help maximize a single source of product truth throughout the company’s development process.
- Lead cross-functional business team to achieve Stage Gate goal(s), financial objectives and develop contingency plans and responses to changing marketplace conditions.
- Assist DPI in preparing Executive Gate Team presentations and help move projects through the Zippo Stage Gage and ISO-9001 development processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and develop a collaborative results-oriented team environment.
- Provide assigned product line(s) specifications, features and benefits to DPI, internal Marketing team and outside partners and assist in ensuring appropriate tests are conducted to support marketing claims.
- Implement and maintain established branding and packaging guidelines across a family of products. Assist in the packaging change process and planning, claims, warnings, and product descriptions in collaboration with marketing and engineering.
- Support product research strategy and sales analysis through use of both internal and external resources.
- Perform domestic and international market assessment to analyze competition and competitive claims as needed.
The Successful Candidate Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, industrial design, engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in product marketing, brand, or product management.
- Experience with lighters, fuels and accessories, outdoor products, or men’s accessories a plus.
- Adaptability, resilience, flexibility, fast-paced /sense of urgency, and a high level of multitasking ability required.
- Ability to handle pressure of deadlines, multiple projects, and financial performance expectations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required.
- Ability to travel to occasional tradeshow(s), store check visits, or product development related meetings a plus.
Corporate-wide Conformance Expectations:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, agencies, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments.
- Personal and professional values aligned with company, culture, and high integrity.
- Community – Work well with others in promoting high performance work teams.
- Courage – Share ideas with others that add value and reduce inefficiencies.
- Craftsmanship – Demand quality work of self and others.
- Commitment – Works with others to accomplish the goals of the job.
- Celebration – Achieve common goals and share the successes with others.
Zippo is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time hourly Engineering Specialist employment opportunity-responsible for assisting engineers and manufacturing personnel in developing and improving processes and products through investigation and testing.
- Provide support to the manufacturing operation by working with manufacturing personnel in solving problems as they arise.
- Develop and conduct a variety of experiments under the supervision of the Engineering staff. Collect and analyze data from tests and experiments making recommendations on corrective action or improvements.
- Set-up and test new equipment and process as deemed appropriate. Monitor and record problems with process and mechanical equipment at the direction of the Engineering staff.
- Comprehension and use of measurement equipment needed for Quality and Process Control as well as Analysis.
- Use computer and necessary software to write reports. Develop spreadsheets, charts table, graphs to support reports written.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and other engineering related documentation including charts and formulas.
- Problem Solving of Integrated Systems; Electromechanical Devices, Components, Systems, Software, Firmware and Computers. Mechanical aptitude and ability required for Diagnosis and Repair of Machinery.
- Develop and maintain detailed departmental records with inventory tracking. Write and keep detailed records of process control documentation including test parameters, observations of tests, memos, reports and operating procedures, including other engineering related documentation.
- Knowledge of product and functional quality. This requires knowledge of quality improvements as they pertain to the functions being performed.
- Perform any other duties, related in nature, which may be assigned.
The Successful Candidate Should Have:
- Technical degree preferred - minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent business-related experience
- Knowledge of Manufacturing and Quality practices
- Experience in Mechanical Machinery and Process Design problem solving
- Demonstrated Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of AX operating system a plus
Zippo is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time salaried Product Engineer employment opportunity-responsible for designing and improving quality products that are safe, efficient, and marketable.
Initiate and implement design changes that improve quality, manufacturability, and reduce costs.
- Coordinate the development of new products.
- Implement manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Develop product specifications and testing procedures for new and existing products.
- Prepare and manage project timelines and supplier contracts.
- Work with sales and engineering staff to prepare proposals for new projects.
- Provide engineering support based on knowledge and understanding of product designs.
- Track production issues and conduct fault isolation and failure analysis.
- Make professional recommendations to the Quality department to correct potential quality issues.
- Communicate technical product information to management.
- Perform any other duties, related in nature, which may be assigned.
The Successful Candidate Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience in a product development, manufacturing, and/or technical environment.
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing processes and common procedures.
- Demonstrated Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- In depth knowledge of 3D CAD software
We are a company with a superior reputation worldwide, unparalleled customer service, deep-rooted loyalty to our employees and consumers, and a profound commitment to renewable resources long before being “green” was in.
We value and appreciate our employees and are committed to treating everyone with fairness and respect. Our goal is to create an environment that draws upon the strengths and differences of each individual to bring fresh and innovative ideas to life. Talented professionals are the key to our success. We need experienced leaders who consistently embrace change while generating enthusiasm and challenging others to high performance. Hard work, knowledge, and commitment are rewarded. Our benefits, compensation, and development programs are designed to attract and retain the most talented workforce in the industry.
Zippo Manufacturing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Zippo is a family-owned company instilled with traditional values. Our mission to “build your product with integrity, stand behind it 100% and success will follow” is as true today as it was more than 80 years ago.
Zippo offers a competitive salary and a wide range of employee benefits.