Your windproof lighter is engineered to work best with Zippo Premium Lighter Fluid and flints. Now, let’s go over how to fill or refill your lighter. Lighter fluid will evaporate even when the lighter is not used, so be sure to always keep the lid closed and it’s a good idea to refuel before each outing.
Take caution to do the following away from any source of fire or flame.
To fill your lighter:
1. Remove the inside unit from the case.
2. Turn it over and lift the felt pad to reveal the packing material in the fuel chamber.
3.Slowly saturate the packing material with lighter fluid. Stop filling when the fluid reaches the top of the packing, or begins to change color.
4. Insert the inside unit back into the case, making sure to wipe an excess fluid from the lighter and your hands before igniting the lighter. If there is any fuel on the lighter simply wipe it off or wait a short time for it to evaporate. Be sure the fuel can is closed and there is no spilled fuel in the vicinity before igniting – this is a flammable fluid.
5. Using your thumb, strike the flint wheel in a downward motion to create a spark. If a flame does not appear, repeat.
6. Once a flame has appeared and you are finished using it, close the lid to extinguish. This lighter does not self-extinguish so you must close the lid.