On January 16, 1991, President George H. W. Bush announced the start of what would be called Operation Desert Storm. Popularly known as the first Gulf War, the initial conflict to expel Iraqi troops from Kuwait began with an aerial and naval bombardment on January 17,1991, continuing for five weeks. This was followed by a ground assault on February 14. Operation Desert Storm was a decisive victory for the U.S. / Allied Coalition forces.
- Brushed Brass
- Color Imaging
- Lifetime guarantee that "It works or we fix it free™"
- Lighter comes unfilled. Use Zippo premium lighter fluid (sold separately)
- Genuine Zippo windproof lighter with distinctive Zippo "click"
- All metal construction; windproof design works virtually anywhere
- Refillable for a lifetime of use; for optimum performance, we recommend genuine Zippo premium lighter fluid, flints, and wicks
This year Zippo honors the fallen soldiers and sailors on the 25th anniversary of that attack. The Zippo windproof lighter has served with the U.S. Armed Forces in every military conflict since World War II.